Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You CAN Save at Food Lion!


Even though Food Lion doesn't double coupons, you can still save there if you have the coupon base for it.  Last week and this week they are doing a "Big Deal" event.  If you purchase 10 qualifying items you get $5 off your total bill, 20 times gets $10 off, and 30 items will take $15 dollars off.  This figures out to $0.50 off each item purchased and it is taken off instantly at checkout.  Combine that with coupons and you are talking some good deals.

The trick is to get the items you have coupons for and need that are praticipating in the big deal.  Then throw in some cheap filler items that are participating as well.  They had canned tomatos for $0.99 and SoBe Lifewater for $1 participating in the big deal.  These are great fillers to get either the $10 off or $15 off.  I chose the SoBe Lifewater because I already have a lot of canned tomatos from previous shopping trips.

I got ten....yes, TEN All Free & Clear laundry detergents.  This is the brand we use.  Many times in couponing you will sacrafice brand and I have yet to be dissapointed and have found some great new items I would have otherwise passed up.  Since this was our brand and it was on such a good price we stocked up!  The detergent was part of the "Big Deal."  50 oz for 2.99 and I had ten $1 off coupons.  Food Lion will allow up to ten like coupons.  With the coupons that made it $1.99 and combined with the big deal it was $1.49 each!!  I was stoked about this.  

KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce was on sale for $1.50, I had two $1 off coupons and with the "Big Deal" it was FREE.  I got four boxes of cereal for 2.00 each after "Big Deal".  And to complete my 20 items I thew in four SoBe Life Waters, didn't have a coupon for those but needed them for filler.

Not part of the "Big Deal" was the paper towels.  I stumbled upon this last night when I was scouting out Food Lion (yes, I often scout the stores before hand so there are less surprises or disapointments on shop day).  I found the Marcal single rolls for $1.19 and I had eight $1 off coupons.  I also had a Food Lion store coupon for $1 off your next purchase of any brand paper towels.  With my coupons and this store coupon that made each paper towel roll around $0.06 each!  Are these the best paper towels in the world?  No, but I sure will use them!!!

To finish out I had a $3 off your next purchase of $35 dollars or more.  Before any coupons were applied the final bill was eighty some dollars.  In total I spent $25.37 (that's with the tax included)  Not too bad for my first Food Lion couponing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Lovely Posts