Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Super Doubles = Super Fun!



In the above pictures you see: 1 carton of milk, 1 dozen eggs (we bought 2 but gave one dozen to the in-laws), 3 Philadelphia Cooking Creams, 2 boxes cereal, 1 package croutons, 1 Lea & Perrins marinade, 2 Hefty storage bags, 2 Kraft ranch dressings, 2 Bounty napkins, 2 packages of rice, 3 8-packs of Gatorade, 4 Lysol toilet bowl cleaners and 2 20 lb bags of Pedigree dog food.  Not pictured: 1 bottle Franks Red Hot Sauce which we gave to my in-laws.

Harris Teeter super doubles are always good  for couponing.  My total with tax included for everything above was $37.53!!!  For those of you not familiar with purchasing dog food, this is a huge chunk of your grocery bill and if I were to pay full price for both those bags of dog food it would have been equal to or a little more than that $37.53 I paid.  Before coupons and sale prices our total was at $129.  This was a really fun shop, especially since I got some good staples like the rice, cereal, eggs, and milk.

The trick is to buy only sale items that you have a coupon for.  With super doubles (doubling coupons that are $1.98 or less) you can find some regular price items very cheap, for example the Bounty napkins I purchased were priced $2.57 (not on sale) but I had a $1 off coupon that doubled so I got them for $0.57 each.

Couponing is such a great hobby and it also saves you lots and lots of money.  I cannot believe all the years that I just threw away money going to the store when I needed something.  Now I go to my cabinet and it's there!

This site is still very young and I am currently working on a beginner's page and a few other fun tools (i.e. spreadsheets to help you plan your shops).  I really do enjoy blogging about couponing and I hope you enjoy reading about it.  Please keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Lovely Posts