Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Little Wal-Mart Fun


I just walked out of Wal-Mart with some toothpaste and hairspray and I am $0.14 in the positive!  That's right, in the positive.  Here is how I did it.  I had two $1 off coupons for Aquafresh Extreme Clean Toothpaste.  This coupon does not specify size, it simply says "Any Aquafresh Extreme Clean".  This is something to keep an eye out for, any coupon that doesn't specify size or have exclusions.  Wal-Mart will allow for overages.  These trial size toothpastes are $0.97 each.  So I had a $0.06 overage.  This will take come off your total bill.  (See receipt below).  The Finesse Hairspray was $2.57 and I had a $1 off coupon for any Finesse product.  With the overage my subtotal came to $1.51 and with tax it was $1.86.

Here is how I made $0.14.  I have a mail in rebate for up to $2.00 for purchasing a Finesse product.  The purchase price was $2.57 so I should receive the whole $2.00 rebate.   $2.00 minus the $1.86 I paid is $0.14.

I did this little deal for fun and to give you an idea of what you can do with overages.  If you can find enough coupons that will allow for overages you can use them and buy items that you rarely see coupons for like meats, fruits, and vegetables.  The overage will take money off the whole bill therefore giving you a discount on the things you didn't have coupons for.


Wanna do this deal too? 
Print the Aquafresh coupon here (It will allow you 2 prints per computer)
The Finesse coupon and rebate came in the Smart Source insert on 5/08/11 or you can print the rebate here

Have Fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I was recommended to your site by Leigh W. Hopefully we'll meet at a Moms Night Out or other event soon, since we're both local. I'm a newcomer to couponing but am quickly getting hooked. :)
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, glad you like it! I am sure we will meet. I haven't been to a Mom's Night Out yet, but I would like to go to one. I am about 45 outside Raleigh so sometimes it just doesn't work out. I just started the blog a few days ago so I plan to keep it up, update often and expand, so keep checking back and tell others!

    ReplyDelete

Other Lovely Posts